Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning again

I have been very busy that past couple of weekends, so a major spring cleaning has not happened yet. But I can do small manageable tasks along the way to make it feel more organized and fresher. Now if we could just get some spring weather, I would be happy.


My daughter & I tackled my main drawer in the bathroom. She knew she would be getting some things that I never use, so she willingly helped me. We started by washing all the hair and make-up brushes that we both had. You know all those trial sized bottles of Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo that we all got for free with the $1.00 coupons, well that is perfect for washing brushes. We washed two hair brushes and about eleven make-up brushes with half a bottle of shampoo. Make sure to rinse the brushes VERY well to get all the shampoo out of them. There is nothing better than a squeaky clean hair brush.


This is a picture of my drawer before we started cleaning it. I am a little embarrassed at how cluttered and dirty it is. But I wanted to show a true before and after. I had little metal holders, but the eye liners and brushes kept sliding through the holes in the sides of them. So Ali gained two metal containers for her make-up, and I threw out sooooo much stuff. I only kept things that I either used every day, or on special occasions. My eyes have a reaction to mascara, and I don't wear lipstick very much, so those are my special occasion items.


Here is what I ended up with. I bought a cheap ($4.49) silverware storage system at Target, and sorted item by which part of the face they are for. Eye liners, lipsticks, foundations, eye shadows etc... I really like how it turned out. If you are thinking about using a silverware container for storage, be sure to measure the inside of the drawer, and bring the tape measure to the store with you. That way you will get the correct size the first time. I am sure dollar stores and thrift stores probably have these too, so be on the lookout.
What did you spring clean this past weekend?


No comments:

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.