Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Monday, February 9, 2009

Making More Money


Busy, busy, busy weekend. I spent the whole weekend at a dance convention and competition for the two older kids. They both did a great job, and their dance walked away with the first platinum of the year. Ali did great at the convention, she ended up taking 1st place overall with the Magic Performer of the 08-09 year. Basically she just paid for next years convention, and any of their other conventions through out the country, plus she could go dance in LA this summer. Pretty proud of both kids. But to dance you must have money. So these next few weeks I am going to share with you different ways I make extra money to help pay the dance bill.


Week #1 Food Taste Tests.


This one is easy, fun and yummy. I joined two different taste test companies in the Twin Cities area. The first is Food Perspectives and the other is Consumer Surveys. If you Google food taste tests and your home town, I am sure you will find them in your area too.


The fun of these is getting to try new foods, giving your opinion about them, then getting a check when you leave. It couldn't be easier. The taste test I took this past week paid $30 for about 10 minutes of my time. And it was testing a food I already like and buy, just a different flavor. You must qualify for these types of tests. Just answer honestly and you will be amazed at how easily you will qualify. You can only test once every two months, so it is not a huge money maker.


I did however find out that if you show up early for the test, and they overbook the test, you will be paid for just showing up. You can take your check and be on your way, and you can qualify for another test within that same time period, because you never actually tasted anything. So in this instance, it pays to be on time!


Both my husband & I do taste tests from time to time. Even both of the older kids have participated before. They just needed to be the right age to taste test. This was an easy way for them to make a little extra money. They both got paid $30 for about 15 minutes of "work".


If you live in the Twin Cities, check out the two sites above. I have used Food Perspectives for 6 years now, and Consumer Surveys for about 2 years now. They are both trustworthy and honest companies. I am not getting paid to tell you about them, but you will get paid to test for them.


Live in a different city and do food taste tests, leave their link and let others know about them too!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

When I was a student at the U of M, I did a few research surveys and made a few dollars doing them. I don't know if they are open to the public but it would be worth looking into if you leave near campus.

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.