Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Homemade Cleaners - All Purpose Cleaner


This is one of my newest and favorite cleaners. I use it to clean off the kitchen table, counter tops and even spot cleaning the floor. I am sure it can be used in tons of more places, but I have just started using it.


All Purpose Cleaner

1 spray bottle
3 cups hot water
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons Borax
1/4 teaspoon liquid dish soap

I just dumped everything into the spray bottle & mixed. I would recommend that you mix it before you add the dish soap. If you add the soap with the other ingredients it makes it really bubbly. Next time I am going to mix the water, borax & vinegar first until the borax dissolves, then add the soap and mix gently again.


Update: I did use the 1:1 olive oil & vinegar as a wood polish. I used 2 teaspoons of each and it was just enough for my kitchen table. It did take quite a bit of elbow grease to polish it in, but it looks great. I will definitely use this recipe again!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Another good furniture polish is olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. I used it on my baseboards and they looked great!

I also use your all purpose cleaning solution recipe...I love it.

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.