Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thrift Store Challange


I love a good attainable challenge. Just ask my manager Melissa, she seems to find humor in challenging me lately :)


Every year my neighbors get together for a Christmas Progressive Dinner. We have done it for 5 years now, and we all only moved in 5 years ago. I am fortunate to have wonderful neighbors who I consider my closest of friends.


This years theme for the dinner was "The Ugliest Christmas Sweater Contest". As you can see above we all did a pretty good job. The camera didn't do justice to the sequins and sparkly beads of a few of the 80's style sweaters. But it was a blast.


We all set out to our different thrift stores to find our masterpieces. You all know that I regularly shop in thrift stores, but I don't believe that my neighbors do. I enjoyed listening to their stories about their shopping in thrift stores. A few of the husbands even chimed in about the great deals they were seeing in the store. Maybe I converted a few of them? To each their own, but at least with this theme, they all know where the thrift stores are now.


By they way, Lisa (far left) won the contest, and I (far right) took second place. But I think we were all winners for having the guts to actually go through with wearing these all night long!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Too funny!

mom_of2boys said...

That's a great challenge. If your neighbors don't already shop a thrift store, they might after your challenge (or at least maybe every once in a while check it out).

Janet said...

That is the best contest! Sounds like such a fun time.

I've been given the Lemonade Award by a fellow blogger and would like to pass it onto to you if you so choose to accept. Stop by my Money Jar blog to find out more about it.

Tiffany said...

I so need to live in that neighborhood! Or at least I could have sent you some more sweaters from my teaching days. Girl, what was I thinking?
Thanks for a great post and a great laugh! Good stuff!

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.