Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Job Update

Well what an interesting week so far.....

On Tuesday I was being trained by a nice man who was showing me how to work between the three different computer systems that they use. Then he announced to my team that he had just quit, and that he would not be back the next day. OMG are you serious?!?

So in the blink of an eye, I got plunged in, as my friend put it, feet first. But I think it is going to be more of a cannon ball, butt first!

So Wednesday when I went in, I was supposed to take over for his area. Only problem is, I don't have a computer yet. I am shadowing a girl next to me to get the gist of the computers, and got to work little when she went to lunch and left for the day, using her passwords, because I don't have them either.

You are probably thinking "Nice company", but it really is. They are in a huge growth spurt right now, and I don't think they were prepared for it. But being busy is better than getting laid off any day!

I will keep you updated. Freebie Friday might be a little late, but it will show up. I forgot how had it is to work all day. Now I am throwing in picking up kids from dance, making dinner when I get home, then fighting my husband for the home computer.

Plus, I am having dinner with my parents Friday after work. They are getting ready to head to Phoenix for the winter, and we always go to dinner before they head out to the warmth of Arizona. So please be patient for Freebie Friday. Thanks Guys!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know these types of situations are hard (trial by fire at work), but it is the exact opportunity to show them how lucky they are to have you and how indisposable you are! Job security, baby!

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.