Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Family's Earth Day Event


Well I just got finished with my families Earth Day event of cleaning a half mile of County Road across the street from our home. It was myself, all three kids, one neighborhood girl, one of my best friends and her daughter, who is also my daughters best friend.


It only took us 1 1/2 hours and collected two lawn & leaf bags of garbage, and one filled with cans and bottles for recycling. Plus, two giant armfuls of shingles that either blew off a house or a truck. My kids left saying that they wanted to do it again next year, and do even more roads. I am so proud of all the kids, parts were icky, but with the garden gloves on they handled it just fine.


When we were half way done we even ran into other kids from the neighborhood cleaning up a empty lot next to their house. It was good to see other kids caring about the environment too. I am going to look into "adopting" that part of the road before next year rolls around, then we can make it a yearly thing. The picture above is of the five kids who helped and the back of my car filled with all the garbage we picked up. A deepest Thank You to those who helped us...you know who you are!

No comments:

A blog about living within your means in todays world, while being married, raising three kids, working full-time, and trying not to go crazy in the process.